Bullys on Union

Built in 1903 by A.G. Beattie as a hotel-tavern for the thriving mill and railroad town of Columbia. By the time of prohibition, Ernest Schlotthauer was the owner and the locals nicknamed the place “Piney’s.” It is rumored that he even made his own moonshine here. Ernest’s step-son, Raymond Kitch took control of the establishment in the 1960’s. Patrons would sit for hours, drinking and talking while using the long narrow spittoon that ran the length of the bar and rubbing nickels into its ever deepening grooves. The tavern was renovated in the late 1980’s to a full service restaurant and bar. GREAT FOOD! Stimulating atmosphere.